Image Credit: Pixabay
The wedding gift industry is a massive business worldwide, and the calculated statistics and facts prove the same. You may wonder how big the wedding gift industry is? Below are the research statistics, facts, and figures gathered from a variety of industry sources that you may consider. For great gifting ideas try Gifts to Last personalised gifts, which has unique and affordable gifts.
Money That Is Spent In Buying Wedding Gifts Annually
From proven and calculated statistics, up to $19 billion is spent on buying presents at wedding gift registries. Below is the annual statistics that is made in the wedding industry.
- More than 91 percent of couples register for wedding gifts.
- The average amount spent on a wedding gift is in the $70-$100 range.
- The average amount spent on wedding bands for the couple is $1,575.
- The average amount spent on a bridal gown is $1,469.
- $19 billion per year is spent on wedding gift registries
Weddings currently represent an annual industry that is worth $50 billion.
Who Pays For The Wedding Costs?
In the case of traditional marriage, the father of the bride would pay for everything but according to calculated statistics, in nineteen percent of wedding occasions, are the parents of the bride. Nearly one-third – thirty-two percent of the brides and grooms pay for the wedding cost themselves, and fifteen percent of couples share the cost with both parents from each side contributing.
The Money Behind The Marriage
- Up to $72 billion is spent on weddings
- The average wedding budget is $20,000
- $1,016 is the average cost of wedding rings for the bride and groom
IN the world of today, however, both the bride and the groom pay for the wedding about 30 percent of the total wedding cost; the parents of the bride pay about 17 percent of the wedding cost. As for the rest of the remaining expenses, costs are covered by different sources – both the bride and groom to be and one or both sets of parents and close friends, according to surveys by Bride’s magazine.
- Each and every year the statistics prove that an average of 2.4 million weddings is performed in the U.S.
- Currently, the median age for the first-time bride is 27 years. While for grooms it is 29 years.
- The average age that most people remarry is 34 especially for brides while for grooms are 37.
- Up to an average of $32,641 is the average amount spent on a traditional American wedding.
- Each and every weekend an average of 44,230 weddings take place.
- The number of weddings that take place in a religious institution is only 33 percent, and that number continues to decline drastically.
- Less than 43 percent are officiated by a friend or a close family member instead of a professional individual.
- More than 23 million bridesmaids and groomsmen attend brides and grooms come each and every year.
- The total number of wedding guests that are invited is calculated to be 139 averagely.
- Americans that marry at least once in their whole lifetime are an average of 88 Percent.
- Close to one-third of those getting married have been married more than once previously.
- In the U.S a total of $72 billion is spent on weddings annually.