I was having a conversation the other day with my friend Tiffani about how we used to think – pre-kids – that we were soooo busy. And then we had children. And we can’t remember what we actually spent our time doing back in the “busy” days.
This isn’t a dig at people who don’t have kids. It’s just the truth about reality – it’s impossible to understand how constantly busy you can actually be until you have kids. You parents know what I’m talking about. Having kids magnifies everything that you do – heck, just getting out the door to run to Target takes like twenty minutes.
One of the things I struggle with is skincare – as in, taking the time to actually take care of my face twice a day. I mean, we all know that this is a super important part of…being alive. WASH YOUR FACE. But as you get older, it goes beyond that. Suddenly you need to focus on the dreaded anti-aging routines – because you’ve got fine lines and forehead wrinkles popping up faster than you can say “baby face.”
So what’s a mom to do on limited time, a budget and lack of motivation? Well, I can’t fix all of that for you (I’m just being honest, friends). But I can definitely give you some awesome products that will make your anti-aging routine quick and easy!
skincare, mom skincare, skincare after 30, anti-aging skincare, quick skincare, nighttime skin care, anti-aging skincare, how to wash your face, products for anti-aging, products for after 30, mom face, mom skincare
1. Cetaphil: This is a super gentle cleanser that is safe for the whole family to use. I like it because it’s gentle for washing my make up off and not super expensive. I actually buy the double packs at Costco, because Rick likes to keep a jug in his own bathroom. One bottle lasts about 4-6 months, which is great for a mama who doesn’t want to have to think about buying face wash every time she goes to the store.
2. Tucks Witch Hazel pads: Yes, I know what the intended use of these pads is. But they also work great as a toner for your skin. And since they’re pre soaked, you save yourself the trouble of having to load up a cotton pad with product. And you don’t get the weird stringy things from the cotton ball in your eyelashes. Quick and easy – exactly what this mama needs.
3. Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect Serum: I typically use this just on my forehead, because it helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. But I’ve also read that it can help reduce the appearance of your pores, which is awesome. You could use this just once a day, but I like to use the same routine morning and night (if it’s not a repeatable routine, I won’t remember to do all the steps) for a double dose.
4. Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum: Awesome Eye Cream for us mamas. I’m not actually super picky about my eye cream, as long as it works and doesn’t burn I’m a happy camper. And this stuff definitely works. I put it on all the way around my eye – from the brow bone to the corners to underneath. Just stay away from the eyelid, as it’s thinner and you don’t want anything from the eye cream to actually get into your eyes.
Note: I’m not an expert on this stuff, but that’s what I’ve been told and I don’t want to mess with my eyes. So that’s what I follow. Over and out.
5. Olay Regenerist Deep Hydrating Lotion: This stuff leaves my skin as soft as a baby’s bottom. Seriously – it feels like total luxury at a super nice price (I think it’s around twenty bucks for a tube). I use this morning and night – and yes, it soaks in pretty quickly in the morning so that I can put on my make up a few minutes after I put this stuff on.
And that’s it! It might sound like a lot, but it probably takes me three minutes or less to go through all these steps. And if you’ve got some suggestions for quick anti-aging skincare, add them in the comments – I love trying new tips, especially ones that are vetted by ya’ll.
sidenote: none of these cosmetic companies know who I am. I just really like their products and actually use them all the time.