When my daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease it made cooking for her doubly difficult because she is a pretty picky eater. Luckily after much experimentation, I found just the right ingredients for a gluten-free chicken noodle soup that she gobbles down!
This is seriously the best gluten-free, celiac-friendly chicken soup recipe!
There’s more detailed explanation on my blog but I’ve posted the recipe below. For my full post check out www.onefortherhode.com/gf-chicken-nood-soup-to-warm-your-toes-and-the-rest
Chicken Soup for the GF Soul
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb chicken breast
- ¾ cup of chopped carrots
- ¾ cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup GF pasta (we use Barilla elbows)
- 1 16 oz box of chicken broth
- 1 16 oz box of chicken stock
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ Tbs Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onion, set aside
- Dice chicken into small, bite-sized pieces
- Mix the chicken and onion together in a bowl with the seasonings
- Sautee in a large pot with olive oil until the chicken is no longer pink
- While the chicken and onion are cooking, chop the celery and carrots, stirring the pot to make sure the chicken cooks evenly
- Once the chicken is no longer pink, add the carrots and celery. Cook for about 2 minutes so the veggies soak up some of the seasoning
- Dump in the boxes of broth and stock heat over medium until boiling. Reduce heat to simmer
- Simmer the soup for 10 minutes before adding the pasta and lemon juice.
- Start taste-testing the pasta about 4 minutes before the recommended cooking time. Remove the pot from heat while the pasta is still a little undercooked.
- Plate immediately. If you have leftovers throw them in storage and put in the fridge right away. Don’t give the pasta a chance to get gummy!