Sugaring is considered to be one of the best hair removal methods. The procedure is simple and so is pre and post sugaring care. It can be carried out easily at home with minimum effort on all skin types as this paste is gentle on the skin. Nevertheless, it is essential to take care of few points in order to carry out the procedure smoothly and avoid any kind of problem later. Here is a look at some of these important points to ensure a hassle free procedure that gives way to a smooth and hairless skin.
Things to Keep in Mind before Sugaring
Here are few things that must be followed before you undergo sugaring:
- Do not exfoliate your skin for at least two days before sugaring.
- Do not moisturize your skin before undergoing the procedure. Moisturizers and oils make the skin greasy and thus the paste does not stick properly.
- The use of deodorant must also be avoided before the procedure.
Things to Follow Post Sugaring
Prepared with natural ingredients, sugar wax is extremely mild. There are little to no chances of incurring redness or soreness after its use. However, you may develop these problems later if you do not take care of the below mentioned post sugaring tips:
- You must not exfoliate your skin even with a mild scrub for at least two days. Nor should you use a pumice stone as the skin tends to get extremely sensitive after sugaring and exfoliation can cause redness or irritation.
- You should not undergo steam or sauna bath for at least 24-48 hours. A cold shower should help clean the skin post the treatment.
- Sensitive areas such as underarms must particularly be guarded. The use of deodorants and perfumed sprays can cause tingling sensation and even rashes. They must thus be avoided for two-three days.
- It is best to skip rigorous exercising for two-three days as it can lead to sweating that in turn causes irritation.
- You must stick to soft cotton clothes for a day or two as they are gentle on the skin.
When Should You Avoid Sugaring?
- It must be strictly avoided on sunburned skin.
- Though the procedure is not painful however pregnant women should still avoid undergoing it. In case, you choose to go for it, we suggest you tell your beautician about your pregnancy so that she is extremely careful while conducting the procedure.
- You must avoid it if you are suffering from some serious illness and are taking strong antibiotics. It is best to consult your doctor if you really need to get rid of those unwanted hair.
- The skin tends to get sensitive during the periods. You may experience small bumps or irritation post sugaring during this time.
Taking care of the aforementioned points will help conduct the sugaring procedure smoothly. Besides, you wouldn’t face problems such as redness, abrasion or irritation if you follow these simple tips. You must purchase good quality sugar wax kit and learn the procedure well enough before conducting it at home.
Photo by Park Street on Unsplash