Christmas is upon us! My kids usually make a photo ornament at school each year and I love hanging their photo ornaments on the tree and seeing how much they’ve grown throughout the years. One thing I’ve found though is the kid made photo ornaments sometimes break, or fall apart so I was looking for something more durable this Christmas. My sister-in-law gives each child in our family an ornament with their name on it each Christmas and it’s one of my favorite gifts they receive, I love ornaments and the memories they bring.
Each year I make a photo calendar for my mom, mother-in-law, and sisters and they love that, but they also now know they are getting one. This year I wanted to change it up a bit and make a photo ornament for my mom and mother-in-law of their grandchildren. I thought these would make a great gift, something new to go with their annual photo calendar.
I saw some wood birch photo ornaments on Pinterest that I loved, but when looking at the craft stores all the wood birch pieces I saw were too small for what I had in mind or super thick. While I was at Target I saw these wood coasters and although they are a little larger than I had in mind, I went with it. I love the way these turned out and they were easy to make.
What You Need:
- Wood Pieces
- Pictures Printed out
- Mod Podge
- Foam Paint Brush
- Twine or Ribbon
1. Print out your picture, I did mine in black and white on my laser printer at home. I figured black and white will go with any color Christmas Tree decorations. I also typed out their name and the year before printing.
2. Cut out the picture to the size of the wood piece you are using.
3. Place Mod Podge first on the wood, then stick on the picture.
4. Apply a layer of Mod Podge over the picture, let dry (about 30 minutes).
5. Drill a hole (if needed).
6. Add in Twine or Ribbon, I like the rustic look of Twine.
If you are still looking for a gift for a grandparent or parent, I think they would love and cherish these through the years.
Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends.