A delicious and easy-baked feta! Use any kind of pasta that you’d like in this recipe. Or, for a low-carb option, you can use spaghetti squash.
Baked Feta Pasta
Simple and delicious pasta with baked feta! Did you see it on TikTok? Find out how to make it here!
- 1 package (8 ounces feta cheese)
- 1 package (12 ounces penne* pasta)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (washed)
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves peeled garlic or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Mix together the basil, sea salt, black pepper red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, lemon zest, garlic, lemon juice, onion, olive oil, bell pepper and tomatoes in a medium sized bowl. Pour into 9x13 backing dish.
- With a spatula, make a space in the middle of the pan. Add fetta cheese to this space. Turn and mix in the oil to ensure it is coated.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Bring penne pasta to boil in a large pot of salted water. Cook until al dente. Drain pasta. Reserve 1 cup of the water.
- When the feta mixture is done, mash with a veggie masher or spoon, creating a sauce. Stir in cooked pasta and spinach.
- Add pasta water until you reach the desired consistency. Mix together and serve.
*You can use any pasta that you want.