With the recent heat wave we have had here in Sacramento this homemade S’more Ice cream makes for the perfect way to cool down! I received this Cuisinart Ice Cream maker a few years ago as a gift from my mom, and I love it. This is a great item to add to your birthday or Christmas list. I highly recommend it. We have made all types of ice cream with this nifty machine it is easy and fun to use. If you do not own an ice cream maker you can still make this with a hand mixer it will just need to sit in the freezer overnight.
This is a fun recipe to make with your children. My toddler helped pour the sugar, milk and other ingredients into the glass mixing bowl. My oldest son, chopped up the graham crackers and chocolate bars. I poured the mixture into the ice cream maker, but the boys helped mix in all the ingredients when it was finished.
In honor of National S’mores Day in August here is a little fact from the Hershey’s Company, they produce more than 373 million milk chocolate bars each year! That is enough to make 746 million s’mores, wow!
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers crushed slightly
- 2 Hershey’s Chocolate Bars chopped or use 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of marshmallow cream (optional)
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- Use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the heavy whipping cream and vanilla
- Turn your Cuisinart ice cream maker on, pour the mixture into the freezer bowl and let mix for 20-25 minutes. The ice cream will be soft like soft serve.
- While still spinning in the Cuisinart machine I added marshmallow cream one teaspoon at a time so it will fold in throughout.
- The mixture was filled to the top, so I turned off the machine, and poured the ice cream into a glass bowl before added in the graham cracker crumbs, chopped chocolate, and mini marshmallows.
- Stir to combine all ingredients, place in an airtight container or cover glass bowl with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 3 hours or more.
Enjoy! We loved this ice cream in waffle cones, it felt more s’more like.
Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends.