This week I was on Studio 40 Live talking about National Men’s Health Month sharing tips on how you can help the men in your life be pro-active about their health.
You can view the segment on my blog: http://www.blogaboutitall.com/advice.html
I am surrounded by men I have my husband, I am a mom to four sons, I have my dad and father-in-law, I have one brother and five brother-in-laws. I want them to have the best life.
Start with these 3 simple steps.
1. Eat Healthy. Start by taking small steps like saying no to super-sizing and yest to a healthy breakfast. Eat many different types of foods to get all the vitamins and minerals you need. Add at least one fruit and vegetable to every meal.
2. Get Moving. Play with your kids or grand-kids. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Do yard work. Play a sport. Keep comfortable walking shoes handy at work and in the car. Most importantly, choose activities that you enjoy to stay motivated.
3. Make Prevention a Priority. Many health conditions can be prevented or detected early with regular checkups from your healthcare provider. Regular screenings may include blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose, prostate health and more.
Did you know heart disease is the number killer of men, followed by cancer and respiratory disease. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, and smoking are key risk factors for heart disease in men. Get a yearly physical examination, and know your cholesterol number. If you don’t do it for yourself, do it for your kids.
I am the main one in my home to grocery shop and prepare meals, I know I can help set the example and also equip my loved ones in making healthy choices.
Prepare healthy snacks ahead of time to make it easy to grab and go. I know if I have fresh fruit and veggies ready to eat my boys will eat those instead of cookies and ice cream. If I have the ingredients for my husband to make healthy smoothies, he will take those for breakfast instead of stopping for a breakfast burrito. Make the effort to incorporate healthy snacks, snacking on Popcorn adds fiber to your diet, which can help regulate blood sugar levels. Popcorn is a whole grain. It contains more nutrients than processed snacks and will lower cholesterol.
My boys love veggies and dip either ranch dressing or hummus. Place the ingredients in cute mason jars, or lunch boxes with compartments to have them ready to go for a summer picnic or on your way to work or school.
On your next family movie night or even date night with your spouse try Gaslamp Popcorn, experts in making gourmet popcorn, Non-GMO Corn, Gluten Free and California Popped. With a little help from Gaslamp Popcorn, we’re eating healthier without giving up the flavor! As a gluten-free snack, Gaslamp Popcorn uses only non-GMO corn and pure cane sugar, each bite is guilt-free, leaving only the taste of fresh popcorn. There’s a flavor to suit any snacking occasion: Sea Salt & Olive Oil, Kettle Corn, White Cheddar and Malibu Mix.
You can find Gaslamp Popcorn at Safeway, Winco, or Raley’s. Want to spruce it up a little try this Hot Pepper Lime Recipe.
Popcorn Recipe Ingredients:
- 8-10 cups Gaslamp Sea Salt & Olive Oil Popcorn
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
Popcorn Recipe Directions:
Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, melted butter, and hot sauce until fully combined. Drizzle mixture over the popcorn and sprinkle the lime zest and salt on top. Toss to coat, and enjoy!
Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. BlogAboutItAll.com.