Who is hungry for waffles? How about a waffle topped with a bright and citrusy, sweet and zesty lemon glaze? Sounds amazing, right?
This light and fresh lemon glaze recipe is simple, quick, and easy! Your family will love a new twist on waffles and will definitely ask for more!
All you need for the lemon glaze is 1 can of condensed milk, lemon juice from 2 lemons, and lemon zest! That’s it! Simple as that! The trick is in the lemon juice. As you add lemon juice to the condensed milk, it will thicken. Continuing to stir, it turns into a beautiful, creamy glaze.
It’s unbelievable on top of waffles, pancakes, cakes, and even fruit salads!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Here’s a video on how to make it:
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Lemon Glaze
- lemon juice from 2 lemons (drained, without seeds)
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 lemon to use to garnish
- *Prepare lemon glaze first, before cooking waffles
- Add 1 can of condensed milk into a bowl
- Add lemon juice slowly into the bowl with condensed milk
- Stir until it starts to thicken
- Lemon juice will thicken the condensed milk and turn into a glaze
- Add the lemon zest and stir
- Blend all waffle ingredients together in a bowl (pancake mix, water, egg, and oil)
- Grease waffle iron with vegetable oil (*tip: use a cooking brush to brush oil on the waffle iron)
- Preheat waffle iron
- Cook waffles until golden brown
- Set waffles onto a plate
- Drizzle lemon glaze on top of waffles and garnish with lemon (see video to learn how to make an easy lemon garnish)
- *Tip: Squeeze fresh lemon juice from the garnish over the glaze just before eating for an extra pop!
- Eat and enjoy! 😋